Not necessarily, only one party has to live in Texas to acquire jurisdiction here and the rule basically is, at least one of the parties has to have live in the state of Texas for the six months preceding the filling for divorce and live in the county where you're filling for at least 90 days. So if you were a resident at the time when you file and you later moved away, your divorce could still be granted or if you've moved away but your spouse still resides in Texas you could get a Texas divorce.

Tagged with →