Typically, no. The court is going to want to have child support in place for a child and usually will not allow even a voluntary termination unless there is a step parent willing to come in and adopt that child so that they know that the child has support. There are, of course, exceptions to that, but for the most part, you can't just relinquish your rights in order to avoid support.

Tagged with →